Friday, June 2, 2023

ZeroTwentythree's May Skaven (35 bigass pts)

May Skaven: Skavenslaves (Rank & File)

This month was back to rank & file troops. Boring ol' Skavenslaves. These are mostly somewhat newer figures by Colin Dixon. I think they capture the Skaven vibe almost as well as the original Jes Goodwin sculpts. (There are a few Jes Skaven in there too.) I'm still mystified as to why GW/Citadel never made plastic Skavenslaves. Given the vast numbers that should be fielded, collecting them in metal has always been... challenging. Honestly, as a Skaven player since their inception, I've always been frustrated by the half-assed nature of their availability. Let's not eve talk about the plastic monkey-rats. 😬

So this month has been extra challenging. But it's the Old World Army CHALLENGE, right? No the Old World Army Walk In The Park. We had to clear out our basement, which happens to be where my painting table is. The work that was done didn't go according to schedule, meaning I was left without no workspace for painting.

When live gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or Skavenade.  Warpstoneade? Whatever. I didn't achieve my May goal, and this is some really poor painting, but got some rats painted and I kept myself in the OWAC for another month. June is slated to be my leader month, but I will also try to finish the rest of the Skavenslaves. And maybe some touch-ups on these hastily painted figures from May.

Other artists call this "plein air." I'm not sure they had miniatures in mind, but I'll go with that.






May Points:

35pts          13 Skavenslaves plus mucisian.


35 pts         MAY TOTAL


1,078 pts       OWAC TOTAL (so far)

10 comments:

  1. LOL at the points total. Nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For hasty paint jobs, they look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puzzled by the glass in which you clean your brushes .How does it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting! And lovely painting location!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 figs is 10 figs. And you need skavenslaves, so good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta be in it to win it 🙂 well done on keeping going

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a challenge alright and I call this a solid month. Keep on grinding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Congrats on what must've been...um... a challenging...month! 35points looks flipping great from here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain with the pitiful number of points for all that effort, but these look great!
    Keep it up!
    Looking forward to that final army shot!
    Go #teamskaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OWACing in style! I hope your basement painting cave is back in service now :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog