Friday, July 12, 2024

AdamH’s Skaven final month! - Rank and file month

Here we are at the end of another OWAC, or at least the painting part of it. This month was my Jezzails, as well as more Globadiers and a few random Stormvermin that I needed to finish in order to complete a unit.




I also decided that the base on my Doomwheel from a previous challenge was simply too large to be practical for gaming so I removed it from that base, put it on a new one and reclaimed some of the giant rats from the old base to make a small unit. I also repainted the driver in my new black and red Skyre scheme:



I’m not going to claim any points for painting these as all I really did was the bases but it took up hobby time so I thought I would at least include it as part of this month’s work.



Month six stats:


Models painted: 32

Total points: 746.5

Chance of the Jezzails hitting anything in-game: 0


I also had the opportunity to bring the army (and some bits from previous challenges) to Japan and play a couple of games of Warhammer Renaissance, it really is a pleasure to see painted models facing off against each other on the battlefield:




So that’s it for painting in this year’s OWAC. I have a few finishing touches, mainly varnishing and then adding grass and tufts to the bases which I will do over the next few weeks ready for the wrap-up post in July. I can’t wait to see the army all together and then with all the rest of my Skaven, I haven’t put it together myself yet so it should be interesting seeing what it looks like.


Until the wrap-up post though I hope you have enjoyed following my rats come together over the last six month, I always enjoy painting them and I probably have enough to do one more challenge but not next year. I already have something planned for that but I will save talking about it until the wrap-up post.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a completed OWAC and on a fantastic looking game! The horde definitely lives up to its name on the battle field! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the Rat Pack for this year! I absolutely love the banner on the Doom Wheel, and that game looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of Jezzails, surely statistics dictates at least one 6 rolled per game? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez, smashed it! Looks incredible on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skaven look great and that game looks like SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy again! But even more importantly, great that you got them on the gaming table. Those battle pictures are really amazing

    Ps. I don't know how jezzails work in later than 3d edition but I've been hurt bad by them many times ...and they are very cool models. So I'd be scarred of your gunline

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog