Thursday, August 8, 2024

Chris P's Ork Horde - OWAC VII Wrap-Up

I'm calling this year a success. I ended up painting a slightly different selection of minis from the initial plan (added the freebooters, more grots and a support weapon, but left the buggies and boars for a future project), although I'm really happy with the variety of these guys. I like to think they look reasonably cohesive as well, even if they only thing they all share is brown boots!

The warboss's Goff Nob buddy was my pre-OWAC test model, and the Runtbot was a very kind gift from Ben F, so they don't count on my army list, but I've included them in the photos. Hopefully I've achieved my goal of creating something that might appear in a mid-90's White Dwarf.

 







Final Army List

Characters

Points



Warboss

65

Eavy Armour

7

Powersword

6

Boltgun

3



Freebooter Kaptin

35

Mega Armour

25

Power Fist

10

Boltgun

3



3 Nobz

39

1x Mega Armour

25

3x Power Fist

30

1x Plasma Gun

6



3 Gretchin Assistants

9



Mekaniak

18

Boltgun

3



Painboy

18

Power Fist

10

Plasma Pistol

4



Weirdboy with Minderz

85



Runtherd

18

Boltgun

3







Mobs


9 Freebooter Pirates

114

1x Missile Launcher

30



11 Bad Moon Boyz

132

1x Plasma Gun

6

1x Lascannon

30

9x Bolter

9



11 Goff Boyz

132

1x Flamer

7



11 Gretchin

55







Support




Ork Dreadnought

120



Splatta Cannon

60

 

Total 1117 points



8 comments:

  1. Goal achieved! Straight out of a 1990s army book :) It's a decent sized army already, but do you think you'll be adding those buggies and boars next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a plan, gods of the warp willing. Next year I'll paint a new contingent of Chaos Marines to stand with the army I painted last year. And then in 2025 I'll go back to orks, and paint the boars, buggies, mobs of stormboyz and kommandos, and maybe more!

      Delete
  2. Proper 2nd Ed Orks!! Look at all the colours! Love it :)

    Congratulations on a completed OWAC! I'm looking forward to seeing both '25 and '26s projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, this project is definitely a success! Wacky and colourful as a space ork army should be. Really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zogg me, now dat's a propa army! You should be proud of capturing the look and spirit of 2nd-ed Orks. Love 'em

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much orkish brilliance to enjoy! You've nailed the mid 90s vibe, and the freebooterz are so much fun! Top notch painting too. Thank you for carrying the ork banner to the end!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog