Thursday, August 6, 2026

Andrea's Space Elves (or Eldar, as most people says) wrap up post

 Hi fellow OWACers, 

finally, mission accomplished. It is a small satisfaction to get till the end of the challenge which started very easy but become a bit stressful during the last months (in fact, no further addition for july...).

I planned to paint more than I actually have done, but eventually I kept almost at minimum necessary to meet the 1000 points (and the monthly quota). Better than nothing and I am very happy anyway!

So, first off, the family picture:




As you may recall from the first post, I painted some for the 40K 2nd edition and some for the Rogue Trader edition. I just wanted to keep separate RT warriors (not yet guardians ;-)) and the dreddy to match other RT forces I am painting from others typically 2nd edition: this can be clearly seen from the base decoration. Actually, aspect warriors were introduced in the late RT, in a White Dwarf article (WD#127), just a couple of years before 2nd edition was released. I also realized that the Farseer too was released in this article, while space elves never get a psyker before (rule-wise)!
Here is how Howling Banshees and Farseer appeared, in the artwork of Mark Gibbons (the Banshee) and Jes Goodwin (the Farseer):

From WD#127

From this blog

Oh, and I forgot to say that the Avatar too was released in the WD article, although a "little" different: the Jes Goodwin artwork "The Avatar Walks" return a fiery demon with bloody hand, armed with a spear. It happens I got one and painted as extra (you may remember, a few months ago); since the start of the 2nd edition, though, the Avatar was the one armed with a sword and so was for long years! Moreover, and better in some regards, the Avatar size increased to the one of a monster.

The Avatar (still) Walks

Anyway, here are the two forces:

Rogue Trader Space Elves, with dreadnought Demon pattern and the Farseer

Eldar Aspect Warriors, the Avatar, Wraithguards and the Wave Serpent from 2nd edition


Well, one day I will put some order and write some post somewhere about the story of space elves/eldar/aeldarii across editions!


And now, preparing the brianansellization which officially state the end of my OWAC9:

Adjusting for brianansellizing the army



But before the end, let's have some listing:

 Unit                                       points
 Avatar of Khaine                    300
Farseer                                   170
 Exarch Howling Banshee      62
 Guardian Squad (x5)              55
 Guardian Squad (x5)              55
 Howling Banshee (x4)              108
 Wraithguards (x5)                     175
 Dreadnought War Demon     160
 Wave Serpent                             150
 Total                                         1235


Ok, fellows, I wish to thank you all for the fun, the inspiration, the sharing of your experience and, overall, to keep the old world still alive!

And now, finally, let's close the OWAC9!



ciao! A.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog