Saturday, June 29, 2019

Brennan's Lizard Riders (185 Points)

Hey Ho, Let's Go
Hey Ho, Let's Go
Hey Ho, Let's Go

They're forming in one short line
They can't charge without planning
The Lizards have like no minds
Lizard-Krieg Plop...

Its June and I painted some cold one riders!  I found out that running a infantry only army was going to give me some headaches in a game that James and I played.  The long and short of it, was that I really could have used something that could charge out of the line a little faster than armored infantry.  I'm used to using some light cav to screen my flanks too.  Slann don't really have that and cold-ones are a bit of challenge to use in third ed.  You have to plan the charges a turn ahead, they suffer from stupidity and they smell really bad.  I think I will deploy them in the center, so any potential targets will have a harder time getting away.  I think flank security duty will have to go to some animal handlers.


I went for a green lizard for the blue froggy.  I realized that I ended up doing the exact opposite that most folks do!  Maybe I should have done yellow frogs...  Kinda late now though!




I really enjoyed shading and coloring the mouths, with all the tongues and the teeth.  It really brought the model to life.



I counted the riders as wearing light armor and carrying shields.  The stats say they have spears, but umm my guys must have lost theirs or something....  That brings me to 185 points for June! 

7 comments:

  1. 'What they want, I don't know. But they all look great and ready to go!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look fantastic as always! A little extra speed for your army never hurt anyone... except your opponent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cold Ones' needed feeding... Where's the missing pygmie? Lizard-Krieg Plop!"

    Congratulations my good man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats where those old pygmy minis belong too, down the gullet of a lizard.

      Delete
  4. Haha... great musical allusions everyone.

    Once again I like the colors, and it's looks like it's rounding out to a cool looking force. Can't wait to see a pic of them all together!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog