Thursday, June 6, 2019

Jeff's Black Ark Corsairs (215 points)

This month I painted up Black Ark Corsairs and a Sorceress.


The detail on these is ridiculous. The sculpters were really on their game. These are not quick paint jobs. I did enjoy painting them but it took a lot of time.


I tried some different highlighting techniques. Normally I just wash and drybrush. Good skills to have but I have begun experimenting with blending. Unfortunately these models do not have a lot of surfaces that work well for blending, but I did try a little bit.


I love this model. Too bad my picture washes out the detail


10 Corsairs with Full Command..........156 points
1 Dark Elf Sorceress.............................59 points
Total 215 points for May

I started early on these and did a little bit every day. That is the trick I think. Even just one quick session of doing boots or something. It really adds up at the end of the month. Sorry for the pics, not great quality.  Due to everyday life issues I rushed to get these pics and get the blog post up and I was still late after a trip to the Emergency Room. I'm fine, the figures are painted, and the blog post is done. Now onto the final Month. Saved the best for last, my Army General and Cold One Knights.

Cheers, Jeff

5 comments:

  1. Lovely work as usual Jess - I particularly like the purples you have chosen, and tying that in with the crystals on the bases. Completely agree with you that little but often is the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting every day is indeed the key, even if only 5 minutes. They are great, I love the purples and I am glad you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how a little bit adds up :)
    Stirling work sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So long I haven’t see those corsair... great job, I really like their classic aspect!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog