Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Brennan's Dwarves - Intro Post

Hello! 

Well I'm back again for another round.  I had a very hard time deciding what to paint this year.  I debated doing another round of Slann.  Which would be fun, but the two other painters local to me, were painting up 4th ed armies.  I thought about doing more with my Orcs and Gobbos, which is great army in 4th, but I also had other projects that were calling out for my attention.  That landed me on Dwarves.  I have a third ed dwarf army that I have played with off and on.  I really enjoy dwarves in third because they aren't as slow as they are in other additions, primarily due to encumbrance rules and how they affect other races.  However, in 4th dwarves reward players who use the special troops types, this is mainly because clansmen can't have heavy armor and are not required troops.  BUT they will feature heavily in my list because, I like the figs.

So, I'm going to be doing an army with a fair number of imperial dwarf figures from the Citadel range and Marauder dwarves that I hope match the theme well.  I'm not going to have many puff and pike dwarves, not because I don't like them, but I'm hoping that this army will have a consistent look, like a separate brigade in the army.  So there will be a consistent color scheme but, hopefully it won't look like a uniform.

We will just have to wait to see how that turns out!

10 Iron Breakers with musician and standard: 240 pts


10 Crossbowmen: 130


16 Longbeards with musician and standard: 270 pts


21 Warriors with musician and standard: 253 pts


2 Bolt throwers, with light armor for the crew: 120 pts


1 Dwarf Hero Heavy Armor and Double Handed Weapon (109) and 1 Runesmith w/ Heavy Armor (81)


All together now!  For 1,203 Points!


6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see this army come together. You have a nice collection of dwarves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Another Dwarf. I am looking forward to watching this army spring to life. Great model selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "they will feature heavily in my list because, I like the figs." - There can be no better reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic models in this lot and best of luck in the challenge mate. I look forward to seeing the units come alive with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dwarfs as dwarfs should be. 99% beard and nose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice collection! I am looking forward to see them painted.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog