Monday, December 30, 2019

Ragnar's Rangers a Dwarven Expedition (Robert)

Glutton for punishment much? Why yes I am. This is my second OWAC and I am looking forward to it. This time around I will be painting up Dwarves. I am loosely basing this army off the Dwarf force from White Dwarf 153 The Battle of Grimdal's Tomb.



I am going to go with a Bugman's Brewery theme for my Ragnar's Ranger's army. I searched around for some shields that had a beer mug on them with no luck. Next I tried to find decals for the shields and again did not find anything suitable. Next I looked into the cost of having it sculpted and about passed out from the pricing I was getting to have this done. In the end I decided to try my hand at a bit of sculpting and surprised myself with the results. Equipped with a new sense of purpose I began sculpting Bugman's beer mugs on all of the shields to help tie the force together. 



Here is a look at the models I have chosen for Ragnar's Rangers. As you can see I have chosen models to be able to create a force "inspired" by the White Dwarf and more to boot (I have a few surprises not pictured). I figured that I wanted to get some war machines in the army as no self respecting Dwarf army would leave home without them. I am still in need of the Kislevite horse archer and am searching for one now.


The next few months should be a lot of fun and maybe even a little stressful as I will be moving to a different state at the end of February. Needless to say I am pumped and can't wait to dive into this adventure.

Till the next post 
May your drinking horn never be empty
your paint brushes never gather dust
and you never end up on the field of bones.

Skal

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful shields! And a great army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.
    This is a cracking idea for OWAC.
    More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the shields, they look ace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lush! That's going to look great- and the shields work brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sound and look to this project and remember the article fondly. You could buy the exact army from that WD mag in the day. Great models and nice shields 🛡 too

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool, that's a great idea and some good modelling there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo sir! Top tier OWAC on both concept and prep re: sculpting your own shield emblems! And yes, you definitely need a Kislevite Scout or similar :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, are you going with the classic goblin green bases too?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog