Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Andrea's High Elf Spearmen and Great Eagles (306 points)

Hy guys,
so this is the last montly report of the OWAC3! And, to appropriately conclude these messy six months, I unsettled what it was scheduled to do and changed completely the subjects to paints.

As per introductory post, I should have painted 8 High Elf warriors... well, it's not that I don't like them but I make a huge discovery! Digging deep into the recesses of my dark cabinet, where the sun cannot shine, I found a once-believed lost bag of elves and eagles! And, since an old style High Elf army without spearmen unit is like a sky without stars, I decided for a change: no more warrior unit, welcome 12 elves-worth spearmen unit with two Great Eagles!

Here, for inventory, a couple of picture of unpainted models:


Moreover, the presence of a banner bearer calls for a new banner! Therefore, here we are:


Now, after all due premises, let me introduce first the spearmen unit. As usual, I revisited the classical color palette. I had to confess I had a problem with priming the models, and this unfortunately affected a bit the painting. I relized it only at the end but, overall, I am satisfied enough about the result! I also discovered I hate painting those shields... OMG how much I hate painting those shields!


First rank:

Second rank:

 Then, Great Eagles! I always liked these models and I enjoyed a lot painting them. Back in the days, when I used to play the Wood Elf army I had a lot of eagles and I am also sure I had one or two heroes riding them (...you never now what the cabinet can hide and what can re-emerge during the next OWAC!).



Finally, all June entries together:


Recap of the month: 12 Spearmen with banner bearer 156 pts + 2 Great Eagles 150 pts (75 pts/each), for a total of 306 pts.


Ok, next step the wrap up post, where also the future project could (or could not) be revealed! ;-)


Ciao, A.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely units and congratulations on finding them! I completely cleaned my mini pantry, so now the figures have started turning up in other rooms in out of the way corners....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find! The banner really completes the unit and Eagles add an extra tactical edge to the army. The shields came out well even if you do hate them! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I loved the eagles as a kid, but never owned one. Yours look brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These came out perfectly. They could be in a White Dwarf from 1997!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just perfect !!! Like in the White Dwarf !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crispness of your paint job. It looks so wonderfully high rlf. Love it. Well done my friend 👍

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog