Friday, March 26, 2021

Brendan's March Eldar (316 points)

 Swoop! There it is!


I know it isn't the original lyrics, but that is all I could think about as I was painting.  Sorry, not sorry? The plan for March was to work on 5 Swooping Hawks for the rank and file.  However I needed more than 5 models to reach this goal so I added in the 8 Dire Avengers my friend had unloved and unpainted in the mix. Better to be over the ten model limit than under it!


I like how they came out.  I wanted a nice light angelic look to them.  I tried to stay mostly white with some light blues to reflect their domination of the skies.  I kept the guns the same color as the rest of the army as well to tie them in with the my friend's existing Eldar.


I have a love/hate relationship with these wings.  I used an airbrush on them to try and blend the blue hues together and it was semi successful.  You can see a little overspray but I did my best to clean it up.


I really like the Exarch of the group.  He kind of reminds me of a peacock.  Now that I think about it, I should have done the wings to be peacock wings.  Well, maybe next time I paint Swooping Hawks I will do that!

I still needed to add more models to this month's challenge so I also painted up Dire Avengers.

While I like them, they don't quite pop as much as the Swooping Hawk. I was keeping their colors close to the basic line troops of my friend's Eldar.


Looking at their helmet crest I can't help but think that they have all been chosen by house Gryffindor...

March is in the bag.  Time to reward myself with some character models for April!

Swooping Hawks: (140 points)
Dire Avengers: (176) 

6 comments:

  1. Nice n' white! I also like the purple in the waist sashes. And the turquoise in the exarch. Great colours all round - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that color scheme for the Swooping Hawk! Go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Hawks, the white and blue works great together

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be useing your colour patterns when I paint my eldar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work - definitely got that light, celestial feel to them. So crisp and clean too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome hawks, unusual paintjob for them but fits perfectly. Those wings are superb.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog