Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Adrian's eldars - Like a Rainbow in the Dark (166 points)

Rank and File month #4 



A tired Dire Avengers exarch is helping some guardians to retreat in the last line of the Forest.

- It won't be possible for all our forces can withdraw to the warpgate without getting catch in the open, they're too close. Ymir prepare your fire dragons again, we will have to stand and fight one last tim...

Suddendly several detonations were felt coming from the Forest and the roaring engines of a Phoenix bomber squadron.
Behind came several grav-transports and landing craft of various colours. The emblem of the Eldritch Raiders could be spotted in all of them. From a door it came a figure.

- Fast exarch, come with me if you want to live.

The corsairs started the evac with the newly arrived transports.

- Wait, even with your ships at our disposal, there are still more troops fleeing from the forests up ahead. And they will be catch by the swarm... we must hold them here so they can reach the city safely.

- Fear not exarch, we will hold the line. When the enemy surround us thinking they have an easy prey, but our targeters will guide the phoenixes so they rain down fire and death upon them...
We may see you in the warpgate. Soon.

And the pirates entered the deep forest, armed to the teeth. Walking into an endless darkness.

No sign of the morning coming.

Now they've been left on their own

Like a rainbow in the dark

----------

Fourth month, the pressure starts to feel and I painted the minimum. But with a little twist. 

At first I didn't know what colour should I choose. Do I paint an inverted scheme from Iyanden for the Eldritch Raiders? Combined with black? Add additional colours or the purple + blue variant of this warband?.

So the solution was obvious: Paint in all the available colours.

You guys give me also an excelent idea, "paint them like pirates", and pirates wear strips... I opened my galery of Chris Foss illustrations and started doing whatever I felt that suits each pirate.

In the end, even the disciplined eldars may wear whatever they bring into a corsair force, rather than a uniform pattern. Or atleast it suits the unit quite well, with the arrange of different weapons.

9x Pirates (yarrr!) - 135 points

1x Veteran Pirate Captain - 31 points

They also have cool makeup because I listened to heavy metal while painting but they're more into glam rock.


(The pirate captain's helmet is a Dave Perry unscrupulous copy..err tribute)






It was one the funniest unit I've ever painted in my entire eldar collection. Each model admits lots of different details and motifs. Jes Goodwin early designs are simply put, amazing.

Double inspiration: I just remembered that Stargrave is coming, so this unit will be my warband of space adventurers. With some additional rt eldar and a pair of surprises I've in my desk. Still no murderbots sadly (I envy those of you who have one!).

For whatever reason, the music app started repeating Dio's discography. Which I think it is not a bug, it is a feature! And with such variation of colours came the idea for this month chapter.


A yes, the gemstone count: 168 gemstones if I am not mistaken.

#GoTeamEldar

Adrian's out.

13 comments:

  1. Nice work. I love the pirate theme. Rock on Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome paintjob: check
    80s vibe: check
    an awful amount of gems: check
    Dio: check

    What else to say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Team Eldar not only has awesome colors and paint jobs, but great taste in music! Go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great paint job ! I love the marks you did on helmets. They look both modern and oldhammer.
    Hummm and Slaanesh loves them too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to paint something in the armour but with normal eldars I was not so sure, this was the perfect opportunity! XD

      Delete
  5. I'll be singing that all day now.

    Some gloriously technicolour figures there but I have to ask - what's with the fashion for dark backgrounds these days? I see so much of it about, really colour rich figures against a plain black that rather worries at my eyes and kind of... absorbs some of the vibe. This isn't to have a go, I'm just wondering if there's a Proper Photography Reason for it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is usually seen as more stylish? I use it because pure white is slightly hard to control with my current photo area and lights, so I go for pure black until I find something else. My intention is to find a background with gradient for my lightbox or print something for that purpose.

      Delete
  6. Well, these are lovely! My favourite is the yellow one with the kinda tigre stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - a win all round! Glorious paint jobs on Jes Goodwin's lovely Eldar figs, stunning photography and an excellent bit of narrative which almost brought a tear to my jaded eye XD The Dio reference is the icing on the cake and I like to think the first signs of Chaos' taint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking stuff. All those stripped helmets are glorious

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite range of eldar with fantastic painting. Win win!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog