Monday, April 19, 2021

Slaaneshchild's dirty big ones: Keggox and Belius are joining the game ! (971 pts)

 Rank and files month #3, again !


Because now, thing are getting serious in this "competition", after Steve had literally broken the game with his Cult of the Colossus army, I pushed myself to paint my Keggox and friends !!

I didn't want to make it pink as the Great Spined Dragon, so I try different layers to make its skin closer to corrupted flesh. Its scales are purple because I like to imagine him as an Amethyst Dragon with amethyst gemstones fused with its scales. I did the base with tree bark and some GW complements.

I felt he was a bit lonely so I decided to paint some friends for him :)






I had since a very long time a huge barbarian from Stephane Simon's own range, Belius. Stephane Simon is an amazing French sculptor that worked a long time with Rackham (he did all the nasty stuffs, Apostate of Darkness, Molochs...).

His miniatures are a real pleasure to paint : I feel like the paint is going by itself on the miniature :D
The miniature is very realistic compared to my Oldhammer stuff, but I like it very much. It will be a giant or an half giant.





And to conclude, I decided to add those old dark elves: one sorceror with 6 shades. Anyway, no Slaanesh army is completed without a contingent of depraved dark elves right ? 

One of them I from Hasselfree miniatures.



I hope you liked them as much I enjoyed to paint them !

Time to talk about points : 

Keggox : 625 pts (count as Chaos Dragon)
Belius the Vicious : 200 pts (count as a Giant)
6 Shades : 78 pts
1 Dark Elf Sorceror, Lucius the Kinky (level 1): 68 pts

Total : 971 pts 

20 comments:

  1. Pronounced "luscious" of course.

    Great additions, amazing job on Kegox especially, gorgeous colours 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha yes obviously indeed ;)
      Thank you ! I had hard time on his skin !

      Delete
  2. Wow, wonderful stuff, good to see someone else noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, I quite like the BDSM giant! And that dragon is ace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! That dragon raises some sweet memories. I remember an old issue of the french RPG magazine Casus Belli reviewing the dragon miniatures available at that time, and Keggox was among them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! That's what I prefer with old miniatures, memories from my childhood/teenage years that come to you with it !

      Delete
  5. Awesome job on two big minis! I love how the pink and turquoise is tying everything together - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks ! they are my favorite duo indeed !

      Delete
  6. Cool shades, love the pink. Keggox is outstanding, your dragons surely catch the attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I hope he will not be too eyecatching to my opponent's artillery :D

      Delete
  7. Pleasure for the eyes - Slaanesh must be smiling! :-) Love the paintjob on the the dragon, slightly more subdued and realistic, but clarly within overal theme of your force. Very cool Slaaneshi giant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I wanted him to be a bit more realistic than the other part of my legion, as he is an ally. You spotted it all !

      Delete
  8. I have the feeling I need to offer my soul to Slaanesh, and it is your foult!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOuhahhahah yes !! Fulfill the pact !!
      More power ! Mooooore !! :D

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry I haven't commented on this earlier Chaos mate - been a busy month going back to work and more importantly, getting stuff painted up XD

    Wow - Kegox looks amazing. Really loving those bleached skin tones, amethyst purples and the angry pink! You're definitely doing a better job of photographing those whites and pinks than me as I seem to bleaching out all the pink shading out of mine. Love the mix of old Citadel and Hasslefree miniatures Dark Elf miniatures. Looks like I also need to get in touch with Monsieur Simon, judging by his lovely giant - your paint job obviously sells it well!

    The only thing stopping me praising your beautiful degenerates more than I have already is their worship of the wrong God ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eheh no worries !
      Thank you for your kind words. Simon's range is very realistic, it is very "rackham like" but with a little touch of insanity that I am sure you'll love ;)
      I can't wait to see yours painted, cheers !!

      Delete
  10. Lovely painting on the dark leaves and as for Kegox alli can say is amazing. He has always been my favourite dragon mini.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kegox is such a classic model - I can imagine some hesitation before taking it on, but you did a great job, and it turned out so well. A centre-piece to an army that anyone would be proud of. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog