Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Brendan's Wild Card (300 points)

She's Got Legs! 

(and knows how to use them)


War Walkers have those nice long legs that go all the way up!!! I have always like the look of the War Walker's of the Eldar, so it was a lot of fun to build and paint one.  The only request I had from my friend was that it should have dual missile launchers, because he know how much I hate them...


The blue armor of the guardian blended in a lot with the vehicle so I added a little purple to make it look less mono color.


Ultimately I think it worked and I don't believe the pilot will be lost among the machine.  As I was wrapping it back up and putting it away my friends toolbox stuffed with packaging foam he savagely refers to as his "carrying case," I came across another unpainted War Walker!  I decided to paint this one too.  Not my best work, but it has paint on it, and it will look fine destroying my troops from across the table. Especially since I was only planning on painting one.


Lastly, and certainly using the "wildcard" status is the grav tank.  I don't think it was released in second edition, but I wanted to paint it, more so when I found it in an unopened box! A lot of hours went into edge highlighting this bad boy.




Very happy with this model, but I won't count it as I believe it is 3rd edition.  Now it is on to finding all the models I painted and taking a group pic!

Two War Walkers: 300 points

13 comments:

  1. I love the war walkers and Wave Serpent! Great finish- Go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difinately, finishing on a high, nicely done sir

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Falcon certainly came out in 2nd edition, I'm reasonably confident the prism did too a few months later.

    It looks really smart too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mos. def. a second edition release. About nine months from the end though. WD219 if I recall, and the third edition drop was WD228, and yes, I AM a bit sad, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Third dropped with 226, 228 was Blood angels codex :P

      Spot on with the fire prism though!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I remember that it was from the last part of 2nd edition but mine is second hand and I didn't have the weapon dataset either. I've checked that WD and the profile and points for 2nd ed is there!

      Delete
  5. Wow, Holy moley that grav tank is aces! Way to end with a bang!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome last batch of minis. Cool blue and the pilot doesn't fade away...but those missile launchers will catch the eye in the first war walker! That purple was amazing. The fire prism is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely leggy beauties! The Falcon looks fantastic too your work on the edge highlighting really paid off!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog