Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Filippo's Ultramarine - FREEEEMMMMM!!!! Predator (165 points)

Rank & File #4


I think it's time to blow this scene
Get everybody and their stuff together
OK, three, two, one let's jam


I'm definitely not happy. For June I had to search an alternative to avoid failing miserably, so I grabbed the Predator I was planning to do for a different project and quickly paint it.

I could blame the intense heat of these days which makes almost impossible painting, I could blame the work, family and other things I had to do, but in the end the blame is on me. I almost screw it up.

Almost!
(muahahahhahahahha I DID IT! I'M FINALLY FREEEEEEEeeee......)

Here's my Predator Annhilator (Freeeeeemmmmmm!!!!!!)

The bulky design is a little uglier compared to the Rogue Era's Predator, but still is one piece I always loved and dreamed to have.

It was hard to find reference to the original version with the Lascannon, and I was worried about the red cupola. I feared it could be too bright, but luckily it ended quite fine

Predator: 90 points
Lascannon sponsors: 45 points
Twin Lascannons: 30 points

I miss the devastator squad, surely it would have been a nice entry, but this will be enough to vaporize Andrea's pointy-ears when we'll finally play together next month :D

10 comments:

  1. Great save! Looks great- and you made it through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great substitute choice, I love these old Predators. Nice and crisp lines and the red turret worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice indeed and congrats for avoiding disaster! Bulkier it may be but those riveted sections give it a nice rugged look compared to the older Rhino - definitely fitting for its more agressive role on the battlefield. The red on the turret really pops - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That. That looks brilliant! Great job - thinking fast on your feet and rescuing the day - like a a true marine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! The edging is superb 👌

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. I really like the subtle edging and weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tank - clean and sharp paint job. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog