Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Mariano Sánchez - Wood elves - Introduction

In the depths of the forest, where no man ever ever stepped in, was the Spring of Lawën. Only the oldest elves knew the legend that accompanied the place...

“When the great forest does not wake again with the rays of dawn, when spring does not bloom anymore at the King’s Glade, when the end comes to Athel Loren… The halls of the spring will be reopened and the elven people of ancient times will dance to melodies of hunting"

Hi, my name is Mariano and from the first day I started to play Warhammer one of my dreams has been to have a fully painted Wood Elves army, and the dream goes on...

Current situation of my Wood elves army

Some of you may know me but or the ones don't my name is Mariano. I´m from the south of Spain, married with a beautiful wife and dad of two little monsters that usually make more difficult to find quality painting time. I have been painting and colleting Warhammer miniatures for more of the half of the time I have lived. Some years ago I decided to paint all Wood elves I have and the OWAC give me the possibility to be closer to this pourpose. 

How can OWAC helps me to achieve my pourpose? Easy, OWAC gives you the need to be organized, to do a good planification but also it gives you some super motivation seeing the work of the others participant and giving you the strengh to push a little bit harder when the end of the month arrives. In summary, I'm in love with the OWAC (and with my beautiful wife 😁).

So what I want to paint for my second OWAC... CAVALRY. 


Mike McVey cavalry is so great!


If you see the current situation of my army it is easy to discover the total lack of cavalry. So lets do a full cavalry OWAC!

Yes, I'm goint to (try to) paint all them...

This year I'm going to use the 4th ediction Wood elves army as guide for my army list. So time to present the units and heroes to be painted (lets see if my plan resist the contact with the real life...):

Rank & File Month 1: Glade raiders - Sisters of the Thorn

  • 6 x Glade riders (light armour + music + stardard bearer): 24

Rank & File Month 2: Glade raiders - Mounted archers I and Mounted archers II

  • 5 x Glade riders (light armour + long bow): 185

  • 5 x Glade riders (light armour + long bow): 185

Rank & File Month 3: Glade raiders - Heavy cavalry I

  • 6 x Glade riders (light armour + lances + music + stardard bearer): 264

Rank and File Month 4: Glade raiders - Heavy cavalry II

  • 7 x Glade riders (light armour + lances + music + stardard bearer): 299


Rank & File Month 5: Glade raiders - Kournous

  • 7 x Glade riders (light armour + spears + music + stardard bearer): 252




Leader Month 5: The heores

  • 1 x General (light armour + elven steed + barding for steed): 169
  • 1 x Hero (light armour + elven steed + barding for steed): 113
  • 1 x Mage Lord (elven steed + barding for steed): 335
  • 1 x Mage Champion (elven steed + barding for steed): 128
  • 1 x Mage (elven steed + barding for steed): 66



Points:

Regiments: 1425 (64%)

Characters: 811 (36%)

Total: 2236

And now, last but not least, the offering:


Last remainder to post!!!

11 comments:

  1. So intimidating, all calvary! What as force it will be - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking entry for this year. Though being a true blood greenskin player, the goblin gets my vote everytime, nicely done sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, that is a lot of cavalry! The small amount I did in the first OWAC was daunting. Good luck, it looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Looking forward to see these swelling the ranks of your glorious Wood Elf army!
    This is definitely the year of the Elf! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all these horses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding! 😳
    Most probably the only Wood Elves army I really like till now🤗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much as I love Chris' Boar and Wolf Rider army, I guess the Greenskins couldn't have it all their way in terms of cavalry superiority! This is going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic!! Best of luck with this, I hope you still like horses by the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your wood elf force last year - and it'll be great to see this cavalry detachment this year! I really liked the small additions like the antlers and the feather banners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Wood Elves are simply gorgeous and a cavalry contingent of this size is going to make them one of the most impressive Wood Elf hosts I've ever seen. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvellous! Mariano, after your last painting I am afraid to paint mines!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog