Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Lissanne's Rainbow Warriors- Rank & File #4 (460 pts) I can drive my very own Tank!


 
Well, my gallery show in April probably put a halt to me doing the proposed land raider during this OWAC (not to mention banners), so please accept this humble deodorant grav tank in its place as my Oldschool offering of the month. I had this lovely translucent deodorant container sitting about for years- I coated the inside blue and it looks killer, like it was airbrushed.  Here is the Grav tank Azure Sky.  


 
I got through 7 of the terminators from the Space Hulk list, and sort of burnt out. But here are 7 more Wonderbolters.  I will do the last necessary terminator in Wild Card month (already started actually) and the big extravagance, and who knows what else?  Time will tell.  I tend to paint till the last week on Wild Card.month


Zipp Storm and Misty Fly

Fire Streak and Sun Chaser,  with the assault cannons


Star Hunter, Ribbon Sweet and Silver Zoom


 So I switched to a squad of space marines I will need for the 12 squad challenge I am doing elsewhere. I got through 7, but for the other 3 I have to order more sisters heads, and they won't get here in time.  These are Stratus' Skyrangers, but the Stratus figure will have to come after this OWAC.


Sky Stinger, Angel Wings, Pink Pony, Sunburst


Mountain Haze, Sunbeam, Wildfire (with the Flamer)


And I retouched and rebased 3 of my previously done Rainbow Warriors, but they don't count for points


High Winds, Mane Moon, Cloud Kicker

So, this month:

7 Wonderbolters terminators 42 pt each  294pts
   Extra weapons- flamer, chainfist, 2 assault cannons- 55pts
7 Stratus Skyrangers space marines- 15 pts each  105 pts
    Flamer- 6 pts
3 retouched/based older terminators 0 pts
Grav tank  0 pts (because it's not in 3rd edition,it's just cool)

Total 460 pts

The obligatory I found these marines picture prepainted.


 And all of this month's figures!

  
And I found out my army does function as it's supposed to... off the tabletop.  I met my friend's child for the first time, visiting my house along with my friend.   He has now chosen to be a young man, and just finished his first year of college.   He saw my Rainbow Warriors, and excitedly said "Are those Gay Space Marines?".  I answered, " Yes, they are!"  then, "Would you like to learn to play Warhammer?"  "Yes" he said.  He will return to college in the fall,  and the ranks of 40K players grows.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and a wonderful post to start off this prideful month of June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid work as always Lissanne, I love all the names :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that little update at the end is the best result this project could possibly could have had. Well done, mate, these rock :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a mighty month of miniatures. And the grav tank! Such a classic thing to do - great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just loving what you've done with those boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys and Girls, please! They are 2nd Legion after all, LOL!

      Delete
  6. Nice use of a translucent container to get that smoooooooooth look to the paint job. Awesome work this month. Zipp Storm is my favorite this month ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Emperors Light shines bright! Love your spin on the classic Grav Tank, will definitely have to get mine done now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool update. It is something that even not the most over the top units truly put the rainbow on rainbow marines! So much bright combinations xD

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog