Wednesday, June 1, 2022

ZeroTwentythree's May Undead (333 pts)

May Entry

Rank & File Month
 
As explained in my intro post, aside from Donovan, the other big inspiration for painting undead for this OWAC was my purchase of three Carrion from a semi-recent Knightmare Games Kickstarter. Awesome looking figures, but a bear to assemble! I kept putting them off and figured that an OWAC project would help motivate me into it... or retiring in shame to the Field of Bones.

Apparently it worked! Although it did come down to the later end of the OWAC before I finally picked up drill & wire & glue and finally got them prepped. So now I subject you to excessive photos in celebration of finally completing the death turkeys!
 

 






  

The one that gave me the most trouble is also my favorite, the one with feathered wings. My favorite rider, though, is the one with the outstretched scythe, on the right in the first photo. Feathery puts me in a mood...
 

And just for laughs....


I previously painted  an Overlord miniature. When the figure on the right, from Oldschool Miniatures, arrived I figured it was the perfect Assistant Overlord! Here are both of them, at the Field of Bones, discussing the fine print of the Old World Army Challenge Rules. (Actually, more like what you'd call guidelines...).
 
 
 
Finally, I managed to get the rest of this month's entry done at the last minute thanks to and in spite of the US Memorial Day holiday weekend. Five more Death Riders. Slightly different variety of flamingo served as the inspiration for these.
 


This figure was painted earlier, but I didn't want to reveal it until the rest were done. This was my first test model for the flamingo cavalry. Although I liked the idea, I decided I didn't want full squads of Necron 99/Peace inspired cav, so he will serve as a champion.

 



In spite of the last minute rush to finish painting, I still had time to relax by a fire on a beautiful Spring night and contemplate the completion of the OWAC next month.



 
May Rank & File Month
 
3 Carrion........................................................ 135 pts
1 Assistant Overlord (lv. 5 necromancer).....   60 pts
6 Death Riders w/Lances, Shields................   138 pts

May Total: 333 pts
Total So Far: 1,466 pts

7 comments:

  1. Great work on the Carrion but for me your Death Riders take the day. They will be hard to miss on any table. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right, those are awesome Carrions! I love the feathery one best too. And more Death Flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent paint work. Those carrion are beautiful models, though they look like they'd be a pain to transport too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant post! Congratulations on managing to build the KG Carrion. they have a growing reputation for being right buggers to build and keep together.

    I also owe you another thank you for reminding me about Necron99/Peace. I got a copy of Wizards on Blu-Ray and thoroughly enjoyed watching it with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never get tired of the flamingo riders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are always a joy. The outstretched scythe guy is my favourite too, but the flamingo riders are another level :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog