Monday, June 27, 2022

Lissanne's Rainbow Warriors- Wildcard month! (724 pts) Tarkus!


Bet you weren't expecting a scratchbuilt baneblade this month!  Actually, this has been sitting around unpainted and in need of repair for decades. It is from the Baneblade pattern in that old White Dwarf.  I originally built it as a salvage vehicle/stage for my harlequins in 2nd edition, but the game went to 3rd before I could finish. Here are a couple mandatory progress pics of it after I repaired and primed it, first white then blue. 


   Since I won't play any Emperor loving troops, because he's a sexist dick,  there it sat.  Until I picked it up & dusted it off for my Rainbow Warriors. I decided to be somewhat faithful to my Harlequins, so the Tarkus paint job,  if I can ever use it as Harlequin salvage it will still fit!   And this falls under allied forces for the Rainbow Warriors, the Baneblade Tarkus!  And of course the turrets are fully mobile.



The Tarkus on one side is from the official alternate art used in the original ad copy BTW.  The other is from the Gatefold album cover.   I actually wanted to put more scenes from Tarkus on this and originally did, but it looked busy and muddy, so I did armor and rainbows instead.  I ended up painting that top turret 3 times, LOL!  I painted 2 different versions of Eruption, which is just too dark, so more rainbows!.




 Also this month I did the last terminator I need for that Space Hulk list, Spitfire with a flamer, and a chainfist companion Purple Dart to fill out another squad for my 12 squad challenge.  Next month I will go down the actual list and show the finished terminators!   I actually have everything for the series of Space Hulk games now, and a few more besides!



Baneblade 634 pts  Tarkus with Party Cannon!
2 terminators  42 pts each    84 pts
flamer 6 pts

total 724pts

Also, a great sendoff for Pride Month, going out in style!

"Have mercy on our uniform
Man of peace or man of war
The peacock spreads his fan"

Leonard Cohen

5 comments:

  1. Scratch built tank with confetti cannon FTW!
    I've loved the surprises you've added each month -from the paint scheme to the unicorn heads to the scratch builds! The scratch builds are my favourite - they're immense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendship (and 250mm with HE shells) is magic.

    Cool scratchbuild and love the tarkus album cover freehand on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Going out with a BANG! What a brilliant way to save an excellent bit of scratch building from being unloved :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're just so colourful, fantastic stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog