Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Copper Oracle | 8 Round Up



The Completed Fire Hawks force

My first OWAC completed! 
The challenge has been a fantastic drive and incentive to get my Space Marines, which had been slowly accumulating over several years, finally painted. I have a habit for working on multiple projects which means finished projects tend to come in bursts and then nothing for months as they all crawl forward. Being this focused one group (bar a couple of exceptions when the inspiration was on me!) is not something I am used to doing but has been a rewarding experience and I will certainly be trying to be a bit more focused going forward as a result. The challenge has also impacted on my painting as well, feeling more confident in blending (sooo much yellow!) and also more confident in working freehand, not necessarily any good, but more willing to try and get better for the trying! 

The community element has been a great support as well as seeing everyone else's armies grow. So much talent and inspiration that I will certainly be coming back to again to help with future projects I have lined up.


Where I began at the start of the year, all assembled, based and undercoated. 
Six months have gone by quickly and although a couple of the middle months were a last day ( and night until 11.59!) dash due to work/life I am very glad I was able to avoid the Field of Bones and make the finish line with 76 figures including 4 tanks and 5 Dreadnoughts all painted


'Fire Eaters' 8th Company, 2nd Squad


  'Endurance' 2nd Company. 3rd Tactical Squad

 

'Fire Walkers' 1st Company. 9th Veteran Tactical Squad


'Devourers' 1st Company.5th Squad. Squad Kempler


'Dominus' Field Police Tactical Squad 


Rhinos 'Pyre of Insha' , 'Zhoros Endures' and ' Intolerance' 


Grav Tank 'Lance of Zhorus' 



'Sky Shard' 8th Company land speeder Support Squadron


Bomb bots


Techmarine Corps


Medical Corps


Chaplaincy 


Librarian Haze


8th Company Standard


Lieutenant-Commander Thrace, 8th Company


Command Group


Force Command


The "Ansell' army pose 

22 comments:

  1. Big congrats to my Team Space Marine partner! We brought plenty of color to a drab universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort! Well done on getting some extra variation into painting Marines, and then keeping your sanity. I know what it's like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The extra variation in the command group was lovely to complete, the shot just looks classic Space marine. The Medic and Police Units were nice side units to help break up the block yellow but also felt they deserved some love (now must finish the Medical Rhino!)

      Delete
  3. Just a fantastic project, one of the best Oldhammer marine force I've seen. I especially like your take on the medics, the techmarines and the field police. Awesome job on your first OWAC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you set a good standard with your own Marine force! The side units helped to protect against Yellow blindness. Very proud to have my first OWAC under my belt and already mulling over next years challenge

      Delete
  4. Absolutely great work on these marines! They are a stunning force!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I finally have the Rogue Trader I wanted 30+ years ago!

      Delete
  5. This has been a great project to follow - far from your usual 40K standards, it just screams Rogue Trader. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, from the Yellow and Flames to the all the free hand Chapter Symbols I didnt actually think I could pull it off, so glad I did!

      Delete
  6. An excellent force in a tough to paint colour. You've done a great job here. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yellow is not a colour I usually use so thought I would go all in on this challenge!

      Delete
  7. Awesome and superclean yellows with cool freehands, an inspiring RT army. Congrats on finishing your first OWAC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Plan on a Medic Rhino, Land raider and an Old school Knight to add to the army next

      Delete
  8. An incredible army, from start to finish (even if you had to kill some Mantis to do it :( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was almost a Mantis Legion army! :)

      Delete
  9. One of my favourite armies from a crowded field of outstanding opposition this year. Kudos sir, absolutely stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is some outstanding opposition and I cannot even claim to be the brightest force (outdone by the Rainbow Warriors!)

      Delete
  10. I have loved following this, and always looked forward to your posts. A brilliant looking force, and one of my favourites from this year - top notch, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog