Sunday, April 23, 2023

Byron's "The Sticker Album of Zargon" - Rank and File Month (496.5 points)

 I failed to meet my goal for this month. I had planned to do all the miniatures for Quest 10. Work and childcare (and preparing for an event at a warhammer convention coming up in May) were the main culprits gobbling up my time. So I have settled for only painting 19 mini this month. 

So, for this month, I'd like to share some of the inspiration for my project - the official Heroquest Sticker Album.


You can check out the Sticker Album here at Ye Olde Inn. I spent weeks trying to cook up a good color scheme for the army. The other contender was Purple with bright neon yellow or Purple with Orange. I wanted colors that say Chaos, but not a particular chaos god. Zargon has too much ego, I think, to worship something other than himself. 

During this process I stumbled across the sticker album. And the colors really popped in a way that the game box didn't. 

That being said, I'd like to share pics of my minis to show how they compare to the sticker album.
 

Here we can see a chaos warriors in maroon and a sorta gold or beige edge. On the right are my chaos warriors in marron and khaki. 


 


Orcs and Goblins in maroon.

 

Typically skeletons tend to be lighter or white, but I saw the brown and green skeletons and figured I should branch out a bit and decided to try a drab color. 




I didn't paint any fimir this month, but I wanted so show the maroon harnesses worn by the fimir in the sticker album.

Moving right along, here are pics other other minis I painted this month...

I was missing this gargoyle's head and wings.
So I had to....improvise

In total this is 19 models:
Chaos Warriors x 5 = 130 pts
Mummies x5 = 225 pts
Skeletons x 6 = 60 pts
Orc = 8.5 pts
Goblin = 3 pts
Total 496.5 pts

On an additional note, I finished my work on the Zargon Armylist. Check it out.

Finally, pics of the whole army together








In theory, next month will be the general month.... 






5 comments:

  1. Aww, great job! I especially like the tiny wings on the Gargoyle :)
    The darker, musty skeletons are lovely too. I'm really looking forward to you colouring the basing! Good luck with the plans for next month 👊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a big fan of the converted gargoyle. I would also be tempted to try out the armylist if I wasn't so suspicious on such modern rulesets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that was certainly educational! I had no idea that sticker book existed. You've certainly made excellent use of the inspiration, everything looks great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great source of inspiration for the paint scheme, whcih you have really made work very well indeed. The Chaos Warriors in particular are excellent, and you know we all love Bully the Gargoyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea about that sticker album! Great colors and painting. I especially like they way the humble skeletons turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog