Saturday, December 30, 2023

Nathan’s evil Dark Elf horde - introduction post

 I love this time of year. Ordinarily that would simply be down to Christmas being close (hours away as I type this) but to add to the joy is another OWAC! This year I’ve decided on doing a Dark Elf army. I love the third edition figures and had cleaned and undercoated enough of them for an army years ago. It is time for me to get them painted - or at least enough painted to meet the challenge. The plan is to paint these units:

- 14 witch elves including hero;

- 12 dark elves with crossbows including hero;

- 16 dark elves with double handed swords including hero;

- 1 bolt thrower

- 8 cold one rides including hero and sorcerer army commander;

- a cold one chariot (my wildcard month hopefully)

- temple dog rider (I’ve already painted the temple dog!); and if time permits

- a chaos dwarf whirlwind for my chaos dwarf ally contingent which I painted some years ago.

With the high price of dark elf figures in third edition that will be worth well over 1000 points. In all likelihood closer to 3000 but I will figure that out at the end of the challenge. Anyway here are some pics:







5 comments:

  1. I love cold ones! and the Temple dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection. I had the front bit of that chariot in my bits box for years (in fact have I ever used it?) but I'm not sure I've ever seen an assembled one before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection!
    This is going to be a treat to see these painted up! I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Cold Ones, Temple Dog and Chariot ready for the battlefield!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collection. I collected Dark Elves in 4th edition. I can't wait to see what you do with the Cold Ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I totally get that feeling in late December - even though I am writing this in late February I can remember my own feelings of mounting excitement and wondering just how early I would be able to get up on Jan 1st to start painting!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog