Monday, July 29, 2019

Paul's Gribbly Beasts - Wrap up post

Well here we are, the end of a long but rewarding road. My Chaos Beasts of Nurgle army is complete (for now) and I managed to finish everything I had planned for my first OWAC and a little bit more. Am I chuffed with this result? You bet I am!


Here's the break down of monthly points values....

Month One: Total 200 pts
2 x Beasts of Nurgle 75 pts each = 150 pts

5 x Beastmen 10 pts each = 50 pts

Month Two: Total 200 pts

Beastman Lord = 200 pts

Month Three: Total 265 pts
5 Beastmen - 10 pts each = 50 pts

2 Minotaurs - 40 pts each = 80pts

2 Plague Bearers - 35 pts each = 70 pts

1 Troll = 65 pts

Month Four: Total 235 pts

5 x Chaos Hounds (8pts each) = 40 pts

3 x Minotaurs (40 pts each) = 120 pts
1 x Beast of Nurgle (75 pts each) = 75 pts

Month Five: Total 654 pts
Beastman Shaman Champion = 134 pts

Beastman Hero = 130 pts
19 Beastmen = 190 pts

2 Musicians, 2 Standard Bearers = 80 pts
2 Beastmen Champions = 120 pts
Chaos War Altar = zero

Month Six: Total 354.5
5 Nurgling Bases (30 pts each) = 150 pts

5 Chaos Goblins  (2.5 pts each) = 12.5 pts

8 Chaos Warriors (24 pts each) = 192 pts
Grand Total : 1908.5

A few more shots of the whole army as it would actually be fielded, with the addition of a few more Plague Bearers and a couple of Trolls that were already painted to make those units legal. This would push it above 2000pts and with magic items etc., and the Beastman Lord upped to a Shaman Lord, I could probably field 2500 pts in 4th/5th edition. I'd like to say thanks again to everyone involved for making this such a great challenge as there is no way I would have this army painted and playable in six months without the OWAC. Special shout out to Iannick for all his hard work running it :)






So if we were lucky enough that there was a third OWAC what might my plans be for next time?

I'm tempted by a mixed force of Humans, Dwarves, and Halflings as a Dogs of War contingent, but I'm not sure my current mix of models would conform to army list minimums, although it would be loads of fun to paint. 

High Elves might also be an option, as I am falling behind in my ongoing project to complete the Elven Host I started when I was 14. I'd want that to be an entirely new contingent to my existing largely infantry based force, so that would be fun to plan and paint, but then it might be more fun to add a force of Wood Elf allies which I've always said would only come after my High Elves were finished (so never at this rate). That's another great thing about the OWAC, it really gives you license to indulge and enjoy all that mental army building that so many of us enjoy. I'm sure I'll come up with something completely different by the time it comes round again :)

What next for the Gribbly Beasts? Well, they are going straight into foam storage and carrying cases...

...

...

... ready to go to BOYL next weekend! WOOOHOOOOOOO! Nurgle's Rot on Tour 2019! :D

7 comments:

  1. Oooh oooh! Post pics from your games at BOYL, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wrap up. Very cool looking army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daayum! Month 5 FTW :)
    I hope you have a great time at BOYL, and your great army conquers all. (Excepting the Bastions of the dwarfs. Naturally)
    Great work !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of classics in there. BOYL pics please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time and good luck at BOYL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, Nurgle's Rot Tour! Hope you had a good time at BOYL. Congrats on almost doubling the challenge points too. I know that some of the chaos stuff is points-heavy, but that's still an impressive figure painting tally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great stuff...so many interesting figures in this army. well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog