Friday, July 26, 2019

Anthony’s wrap-up post

Friends, I am happy to be in such distinguished company. This my second, completed Old World Army Challenge, as it is for many of you. I won't lie, it was tough to paint all these greenskins, although I have only myself to blame for making that choice. I present to you, Rifgit Snapjaw's marauding horde of greenskins:



The army is composed of the following:

Organ gun ...... 102.5 points
10 Gobbo Wulf(spider)boyz ..... 110 points
Orc Man Mangler ..... 93 points
3 Trolls .... 220 points
10 Big 'Uns ... 95 points
Rifgit's Guard. 5 Snortas .... 135 points
11 Arrer Boyz with crossbows .... 126.5 points
2 goblin chariots .... 108 points
Orc Stone Thrower .... 42.5 points
5 Snotling Bases .... 125 points

Total: 1157.5 points
Nothing makes me happier than having my points total contain a numeric fraction. I feel like that alone wins Oldhammer


So where is the big man himself, you may ask? Here he is. He was busy leading the raid of a local empire town,  so he couldn't make it for the picture.


Talking of photography absenteeism, I must apologize for the lack of an Oldhammer pose. You see, I hate taking army shots, mainly because I have trouble bringing everything in focus when I stand in front of the camera with models on the table.


So what's on the table next? Well, I'm not painting more green skin - I can confidently tell you that much! I've gotten into some cool kickstarters (The Others, Rising Sun), so I may take a crack at those before continuing on the greenskins. Next in line for my greenskin army is a forest goblin contingent (60 forest goblins, 20 forest goblin spiders, giant spiders and araknarok's galore etc.)


I must thank the Overlord for organizing this challenge for the second consecutive year. I realize that his relentless shaming, snarky comments and over-inflated ego were necessary tools to motivate a bunch of curmudgeonly grognards to complete the challenge. Although I do find his 'marriage' and 'personal life' excuses to be a little on the whiny side!


Until next time, happy painting amigos! And thanks again, Iannick, for strengthening the Oldhammer community through your efforts with the OWAC.

21 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful and impressive Anthony! Hooray for another successful OWAC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lissanne. Another one in the bag, indeed

      Delete
  2. Love these dude! There's nothing like a tide of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. Now for those animosity tests ...

      Delete
  3. oh, this makes me waaargh a lot! Excellent work and impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at the luminosity! Vibrantscious! Good luck with all those tiny goblins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. The key is movement trays - that way they can all flee together more easily :)

      Delete
  5. Anyone who paints Greenskins for the OWAC should get a campaign tattoo like they do in the army! Congratulations on a great looking force :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kind sir! I definitely have greenskin fatigue from painting so many of the buggers

      Delete
  6. That's a really cool army you gathered. I really like your painting skills and your choice of miniatures. Congrats for your owac's ending post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sybou. I tried to emulate the colors from the original models as best I could

      Delete
  7. Glorious stuff Anthony, outstanding in quality and quantity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iannick. It was more than I bargained for, that’s for sure!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on finishing a really nice army!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking army, and beautiful painting. Even more impressive given the figure count! I also like all the little details on the bases, the shields on the man-mangler... Congratulations. Looking forward to the next faction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Thomas. I’m still intimidated by freehand, so I’m quite pleased with how those shields turned out

      Delete
  10. absolutely flippin' AMAZING!! you have my favorite Greenskin army on the face of the planet right now...youre the many Mr. Bo!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog