Sunday, January 31, 2021

Dustin's Rank and File Dwarf Warriors, Part I (110 points)

Rank and File Month #1

OWAC IV begins in earnest (for me) with some basic Dwarf Warriors, 10 vintage plastics from good old PBS3, the Warhammer Fantasy Regiments box. These guys (and next month's batch) came second-hand, so there was a bit of persistent old paint and glue damage that had to be worked around. They're already pretty low-detail, so a melted belt buckle or chainmail link isn't immediately noticeable.

 

I've since managed to source a goodly amount of unbuilt ones, so subsequent units will be slightly neater.

10 Dwarf Warriors with light armor and shields -- 110 points

 I should probably get back to painting, since February will be over before we know it.

8 comments:

  1. It’s so awesome to see these figures. This was my first set of miniatures when I got into Warhammer as a lad. So many great memories.

    I can’t wait to see what you do with your army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see these guys getting some love! well done Dustin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember splitting a Fantasy Regiments box with friends back in the day but as I played the bad guys I never got to paint any of these dwarves. They're great models even now and you've definitely done them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were also some of my first figures, I remember splitting a set with a friend. But he got the dwarves. Still, they still look great with a proper paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like so many of the other challengers, I split up a Fantasy Regiments box with friends. I got the Elves and Skavan, and the rest is history... :-)
    These are a real blast from the past and you did a great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably my favourites from that box. Mine are long gone to the halls of Khazad wherever.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog