Sunday, January 31, 2021

Sybou Albion (354 points)

Rank & File month #1 

Hello everyone,

once again we gathered to honour the challenge of the year!

As I said in my intro post, this year i was really willing to create something unique and the Albion army got created.

I hope you will appreciate the creativity behind the project: choices of miniatures, colours and more ...

I was willing to start with the skirmishers who represent 60 points:

10 fighters unorganized but ready to fight!

So these guys got blue painting on their bodies, a little wink to Mel Gibson Braveheart. I like the two firbolgs coming from alternative miniatures. They're kind of scary. I chose to give them a lots of blond and red hairs.

Lots of Albion Clan include various kind of warriors, the Albion men are not known to work as regiments most of the time. 

Patrolling through the moors, marshes and other dangerous land ask for light equipements. It is known that Albion's Kings and Lords ask to groups of men from small villages to act as skirmishers, scouts or spies.

A little close-up on the tartans.

Then as the month of January is always the one where i put lots of efforts in order to make a big step in my project, I also painted my heroes!

Druid lvl 1/ Druid lvl2/ Oracle

I really like these guys, they really represent what i had in mind when creating the army. The Oracle is a priestess of The Mother Godess, she's a direct Daughter of the Island and as such inspire the members of the army. She naturally acts as a great banner.

And finally, as I was in a roll, here are my little giants:

Some small giants

Wandering through the moors, these guys are some of the oldest inhabitants of the island. Several years of consanguinity reduced their size. But these creatures are still really dangerous and their stupidity can't make them even more dangerous.
Year after year, it is said that the druids have more difficulties to get them under control.

That's it for January, for next month I'm going to start my clansmen regiment, I might add a couple of bonus if the painting is going well.

Thank you for waching and reading. 
Take care everyone.
Sybou

22 comments:

  1. They're really great Sylvain, real variety of models on the table. I'm going back to read your intro post now to see where they're all from as I only recognise Hengus the Druid and the Grenadier Wood Elf shaman.

    More patience than I for doing tartan (the reaon my Victrix Fightin' Fourty'twa are still in their box!) so extra points for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul, I'm getting used now to do the tartan. The clansmen allowed me more practices :)

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, a few of these have recently come into my possession, might take your efforts for my own barbarian horde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't hesitate to try your skills on these guys, they worth it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Mariano. I just saw your work on your elves, I was astonished.

      Delete
  4. Flipping great effort on the tartan - it looks Excellency. I like to blue warpaint too. Top job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! Only one word for more blue warpaint: Freeeddooommm!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful work on the Tartan! Hand pict force! (LOL!) Can't wait to see the rest of the army!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Lissanne, they're coming along nicely. I might have to add some bonuses. :)

      Delete
  6. Love the theme, love the painting job. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaeckel! I'll keep up the good work.

      Delete
  7. Superb work - I especially like how the heroes turned out! The tartan and woad look the part and the Giants are a suitably gruesome bunch - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. I'm happy with the minis choice too but be ready for more giants.

      Delete
  8. Awesome first month. These are a great selection of miniatures and great brush work. Man those tartans are on point. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! The warriors are an eclectic bunch and your painting brings them together very well. Lovely tartans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maciek. Yeah they were hard to choose but they're doing good together.

      Delete
  10. That's an impressive amount of work for the first month! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great selection of minis for month #1. Looking forward to the rest of the army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John. I'm still in the race, more Albion guys are on their way.

      Delete

Search This Blog