Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Ratwig's OWAC IV Rank & File #4 (286 points)

My last regular submission for OWAC IV consists of a unit of Dark Elf warriors equipped with halberds and led by Varlok, a level 10 hero who is not equipped with a halberd as that is not an option for Dark Elf characters in 3rd Edition Warhammer Armies. All figures are Marauder except the standard bearer and Varlok, which are older Citadel figs. Varlok was converted by replacing his head with a plastic one from the old DE crossbow figs. The standard bearer had been modified by a previous owner who cut down his spear so it looked like he had a sword. I cut off the spear head and added a section of brass rod with copper wire wrapped around it to make the standard pole. The flag is paper. The shields are by Gripping Beast. 

1 x Level 10 DE Hero: hand weapon, light armor (+2), shield (+1) = 91 points

14 x Dark Elf Warriors: hand weapon, light armor, shield, halberd (+2), standard (+13) = 195

Total points = 286 

Varlok:


The rest of his anti social band of miscreants:


I didn't get to finish as many figs this time as I had originally planned to. They will have to roll over to another OWAC to complete my Dark Elf army. I hit a burn out wall around half way through and struggled to paint anything so I'm lucky I didn't end up in the field of bones, whew! I may take a break from Dark Elves next OWAC and paint something completely different, we shall see how I feel about the DE hordes I still have remaining next time.

Have a good day! It's Jack time here!

Ratwig out.

9 comments:

  1. They look great! Glad you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool figures - never seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to drop by for a beer some time and see the whole army...

      Delete
  3. Congrats on another OWAC victory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I consider myself lucky to have survived this one.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting over the finishing line - these guys look great! Love the effect you got with the copper wire on the standard - might have to pinch that idea at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job - especially painting eyebrows - you're braver than I am, they've worked out brilliantly! Congrats on grinding through and nipping over the finish line. Your combined DE Army must be a sight to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking unit! Varlok is awesome, love his eyebrows!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eyebrows! You painted his eyebrows! Well done on crossing the finish line.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog