Monday, April 3, 2023

Ian's Mordheim - Khalzog The Unfinished's Lost Herd

Once the herd starts moving in one direction, it's very hard to turn it, even slightly.

    - Dan Rather

Khalzog The Unfinished is my beastmen warband leader. He is unfinished. I knew I would not have the time to do a nice paint job and finish it so I painted it very quickly just to hide the primer for the picture... I hate my paint job so much on that one that I might strip him and start all over again before the end of the challenge. I have still included him in my pictures as he was planned as my leader from the beginning. I try so many different ways to paint his skin, I put so many layers of paint that it looks ridiculous. 

I am happy with the rest of the Lost Herd though. It was the first time I was painting beastmen and with all the earthy tones it's quite fun and not too complicated to get good results. I tried something completely different with the skin tone of the two ungors and I like the result quite a lot!

Khalzog The Unfinished's Lost Herd


Khalzok The Unfinished - Beastmen Chieftain with battle axe and light armour (90 points)


Ghaaraak Goremaker - Beastmen Shaman with mace (48 points)


GArüPp The Drunk - Centigor with spear and shield (95 points)


Only 2 Bestigors are permitted in a warband but I painted 3 anyway.
Kär, NÂ and Ge - Bestigors with Halberd (165 points)
 

The Bôoz Brothers - Ungors with battle axe and shield (70 points)


Kraäk and Kroöck - Warhounds of Chaos (30 points)


Voneus the Great - Minotaur with battle axe and mace (208 points)


That's it for March 2023. During the wildcard month I am planning on adding some details in my posts, and start over Khalzog among other unfinished things...

Cheers!

Ian

12 comments:

  1. Really like what you've done with those, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of models, and they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good looking warband. Hopefully you can fix the leader so that also he will please you

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mordheim warhounda are amazing and great unit overall. Love the sickening skin of the poor ungor duo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, particularly the pale blue skin tones on the Booz Brothers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll join in on the praise for the blue skin tone - it looks wonderful. As does the rest of the herd. I like the warhounds - I've not seen them before, do you know where they are from please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! The warhounds comes from the Mordheim Beastmen Warband.
      http://www.solegends.com/citcat2005spc/c2005spcp0110-02.htm

      Delete

Search This Blog